Friday, January 16, 2009

An Auspicious Sign?

Travelling through France. Walking the dirty backstreets of Perpignan, I am walking in search of a cybercafe, walking with an almost sudden inspiration of setting up a weblog.

A weblog I intend to call Cor Jesus Sacratissimum.

Before I come to this cybercafe, I see a piece of graffiti I have never seen in my life.

For I have seen so, so much graffiti in my life, as you almost surely have as well, dear Reader. And nearly all of it was of a banal or obscene nature. Rarely if ever, have I seen images of the Sacred ...

But there it is, a red heart. But not just any red heart ...

It is a red heart surmounted by a CROSS.

Here in dregs of Perpignan, here, someone has emblazoned the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

And I see it on the very day, I walk to find a cybercafe for the purpose of erecting a weblog to your Sacred Heart, O Lord ...

More will shortly be posted as to the nature of this weblog, I hope.

Cor Jesu Sacratissimum, miserére nobis.

No comments:

Post a Comment